General dentistry involves the comprehensive treatment of all types of oral conditions. A general dentist receives several years of dental education and training, after which they will be qualified to perform various treatment procedures. Both the aesthetics of the smile as well as the functionality of the mouth will be given prominence during the procedures.
Dr. Browning offers various types of dental treatments and restorations that give you the smile that you’ve always desired for. Some of them are implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, bonding, veneers, fillings, inlays, onlays, gum contouring, periodontal screening, teeth whitening, oral cleaning, etc. We have some of the best dental equipment and qualified staff at Valley Dental, which is what makes our practice one of the very best in the Bay Area.
- Implants: Implants are metal studs combined with ceramic crowns. They are used to replace missing teeth which may have been extracted due to external trauma, infections, gum diseases or cavities. The titanium implant along with a durable ceramic prosthetic tooth offers the perfect replacement for a lost tooth.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are cap-like structures that are placed on damaged, worn out or weak teeth to give them an aesthetic makeover and prevent them from crumbling. The crowns are made from tooth-colored ceramic and can be customized to a great extent, making them look exactly like natural teeth.
- Bridges: Bridges are replacement prosthetic teeth that are made from ceramic as well. They do not require surgery, but are held in place with the help of crowns on either side. With a bridge, you will be able to bite, chew and smile like you normally do.
- Dentures: Dentures are used to replace a large number of missing teeth They can be fabricated as either complete dentures or partial dentures, depending on the number of teeth to be replaced. The best part about them is that they are removable.
- Veneers: Veneers are wafer-thin restorations used to treat surface imperfections on the teeth. They are used to restore teeth that are cracked, broken, chipped, discolored or badly worn out.
- Fillings, Inlays, and Onlays: Fillings are material made from ceramic, composite or amalgam. They are used to fill cavities caused due to tooth decay. Inlays are custom restorations that are alternatives to fillings. They are pre-fabricated and placed in the cavity, after which they are permanently bonded. Onlays are used to restore the worn-out biting surfaces of the teeth.
- Teeth whitening: The teeth tend to develop stains on their surfaces due to the consumption of colored foods, beverages, aerated drinks, chewing tobacco, smoking cigarettes, and improper brushing of the teeth. These stains can be gotten rid of to give you a sparkling white smile using teeth whitening solutions. We offer in-office, custom-tray and laser teeth whitening options.
- Oral cleaning: Oral cleaning includes scaling and root planing, which are done to remove the accumulated plaque and tartar from the surfaces of the teeth and the roots. They not only remove the dark patches from the teeth but also improve your oral health by reducing the risk of cavities and gum diseases.
- Gum contouring: Gum diseases such as periodontitis and gingivitis can upset oral health to a large extent and cause decay of tissues. Gum contouring is a process of extracting the decayed tissues and grafting healthy ones to the infected region.
Call us at (408) 973 9600 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Browning for a consultation at our office in Cupertino 95014.