Veneers are dental appliances that are bonded to the frontal surface of the teeth. They are made from ceramic and can be customized to match the color and contour of the teeth, perfectly. They are widely used by dentists to treat teeth that are either chipped, worn out, cracked or severely discolored.
At Valley Dental, Cupertino 95014, we use the best quality dental-grade ceramic material to fabricate our veneers. Dr. Browning is an experienced dentist who has served the people of the Bay Area for over a decade now and is definitely one of the most popular dentists in the area.
What can Veneers be used for?
Veneers are used by dentists to treat the following conditions:
- Excessively spaced teeth: Spacing is a type of malocclusion where the adjoining teeth naturally emerge spaced far from each other. It is characterized by unpleasant gaps between the frontal teeth. By bonding veneers to the frontal surface of the teeth, we can eliminate the gap and make them look perfectly spaced.
- Worn out teeth: Bruxism is an oral condition where the patient grinds their teeth during sleep. This is an involuntary action and can lead to excessive wear of the teeth, making them look too short. Crown lengthening is a procedure where we bond restorations to the teeth to bring them back to their ideal size, shape, and contour.
- Chipped teeth: Biting something too hard or taking a hard blow to the mouth could result in chipping of the teeth. The teeth can potentially lose a certain edge, making them look misshapen. Bonding veneers to the frontal surface of such teeth and getting them polished can make them appear as good as new, thereby bringing them back to their ideal shape.
- Cracked teeth:Sports injuries and bad falls can have a major impact on the structure and strength of the teeth. In such cases, the teeth may sometimes crack and give way to the microbes in the mouth. This can potentially cause a root canal infection and even put the tooth at risk of failing. The veneer would help to hold the tooth intact and prevent it from crumbling under severe stresses.
- Severely discolored teeth: Eating colored foods, having a lot of beverages such as tea, coffee, aerated drinks, irregular and improper brushing of teeth, etc. can make the teeth look stained. It often leads to a lot of embarrassment and mocking when you socialize with people. When the extent of discoloration is too bad, teeth whitening solutions do not give the best results. In such cases, veneers can be bonded to their surface to improve their color and give them a makeover.
You can call us at (408) 973 9600 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Browning to know more about dental veneers.